Wednesday, September 12, 2012

New Resources Are Coming--God Is Weaning Us From Old Resources And Bringing Us Into His Supernatural Supply

Philippians 4:19, "But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

The Ringing of the Bell of Wall Street

I don't know much about Wall Street and the Stock Exchange, but I do remember throughout my school years when the bell would ring. It meant it was time for a recess. Recess for me was a powerful word, and it always brought a blessing to break away from the routine of things and be free to enjoy the time out. I sense the bell that is ringing on Wall Street could be a signal for God's people--that we are in for a "recess" not a recession! This is a recess from the way we are accustomed to having our needs met, and instead, we will have the opportunity to watch God take care of us, supernaturally, if need be.

I sense we are in a transition from "believing" in miracles to "living" in them! I sense the Father saying to the angels who dropped down the manna and fed two million of His children in the wilderness, "I believe they are now ready to live by faith!" I sense the Father saying to the Rock (Jesus) who followed His children throughout their wilderness journey, "I believe they are now ready to speak by faith to that rock, and watch living water gush out to quench their thirst instead of looking to the world to quench it!"

Clothes That Don't Wear Out

Deuteronomy 29:5, "I have led you forty years in the wilderness: your clothes have not worn out on you, and your shoes have not worn out on your feet!"

I am hesitant to say this, but I have a pair of black dress pants close to twenty years old that I still wear at times. Not just because I don't like to shop, but they just never seem to wear out! Have you noticed that your clothing and many other things seem to last longer than you thought they would? Get used to this, because I see this supernatural anointing falling upon our possessions, such as automobiles and appliances, as we serve the Lord in these last days. I also had a pair of wing tip dress shoes that lasted about the same time span. Apparently, Israel's clothing and shoes grew with them. That same anointing which caused millions of shoes to never wear out for forty years is still present. The soles of their shoes outlasted the best Michelin radial tire on the market today!

Financial Pruning In Sources We Have Trusted In

Not long ago we experienced a cutback in a specific missions budget. Immediately my flesh went into full gear, wondering why a source would cut our support. I was loading my ammunition of good reasons why they should not cut us. As I got ready to confront this issue, the Lord spoke, "Hold your peace! You are not being cut back, you are being pruned. Your cutback will bring forth financial increase from other sources, including Me!" I sense many are experiencing similar situations concerning their finances. We must keep our eyes on Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith. I sense He is weaning us from sources that we have gotten used to, and now He wants to prove even more that He is our Shepherd and we shall not lack!

God is bringing His people full circle. Full circle means "full where there is no lack." When Jesus sent His disciples out with no purse, script, or shoes to serve Him, He later asked them, "'Did you lack anything?' They said, 'No, nothing'" (Luke 22:35).

Godliness With Contentment Is Great Gain

1 Timothy 6:6-10, "But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content."

Have you ever been driven into your prayer closet by a great need, and you break into His presence where there is fullness of joy and you forgot what drove you in there? Once I said to the Lord, "Lord, I have forgotten what that great need was that drove me to You, since Your presence is overwhelming right now." He responded with, "Your greatest need is Me!"

Mercy to the Needy

As we enter more and more into His presence through much tribulation, we will come forth with more of His compassion for the poor and needy and will discover that there is greater joy in giving than in receiving. I believe in troubled times, we will be drawn more to "people" than things. Relationships will become more precious than gold and silver, and we may discover that less with God is really more. The answer to any economic shaking is written right on our money, "In God We Trust!"



Enjoy the recess!

 Bill Yount